Friday, March 29, 2013

Week 4 "The Field is white and ready to Harvest"


"The Field is White Ready to Harvest" - haha literally!
This week has been amazing! Saturday is snowed and yes I was beyond excited! 
Sunday my companion and I taught the district lesson, we also had a funny devotional. They asked all missionaries apart of the new age to stand... many stood up; they asked how many are the first sibling of the family to serve... many stood up; they asked all the sisters age 19 to stand up... MANY stood up; then they asked how many are learning a new language... about 90% of the room of 3,000 people stood up. It is amazing how much trust the Lord has in us, and how much trust we have in him. 
You won't gain weight in the MTC!
My "chicken Sandwich" Has
NO Chicken ... again! hahaha

Monday I got another bloody nose, it was such a funny and spiritual day. We have to practice our spanish often, so in class I was askedy the simple wuestion in spanish "why was Jesus Christ crucified?" I began to try because it was such a beautiful question but so difficult to answer! TO think of all the reasons Jesus Christ died for us... I was so overwhelmed with love and gratitude, 

I am so grateful to be serving a mission. 18 months of my life is the LEAST I can give, I look forward to spending more time from my life to serving the Lord and our savior :) 



I sang in the choir!!! And that also means I am singing this sunday for easter! There are about 600 missionaries in the choir... yes 50% of them are sisters! wow it will be an amazing experience to have easter in the MTC. there will be abour 3,000 missionaries in one big room(no that is not even every missionarie haha) and we will all be taking the sacrament that will be passed by 100 elders... It will be one of the most spiritual things I will do and something I will never forget! 



On tuesday my teacher also read us an email that the missionary department has now allowed everyone to email anyone and the time to email has been extened(depending on your mission president!) so anyone is more than welcome to email me, but keep in mind I love you and I am sorry if I don't respond to everyone! 

Friends from HOME Sister Wright (Japan) & Sister Curry (Canada) 

Friends from HOME Sister Reddish (Philippines) & Elder Finnie (Utah)

Wednesday was my ONE MONTH MARK! WOOHOO!!! one month closer to being home! even though I am "enjoying to the end" of my mission, i still look forward to the day i get to see my family again :) We also had a new district arrive, and yes because of my Coordinating Sister assignment I was able to welcome them in and love them. Its crazy to think I was in that EXACT position 4 weeks previous.. wow how the time is flying by fast. 

My Sis is going to TEXAS & I'm going to WASHINGTON Y'all
I can not wait to get in the field and to really learn so much more! Thursday I passed by Ashley while she was emailing mom, so i ran in and gave her a hug... I started to cry because we were looking at pictures of the family and we miss and love them so much! Note to my brothers: stop growing up so fast and becoming more handsome! GAH! jk <3 

We got our STATE shirts!  Hermana Ricks, McBride, my sis & me

I also began to struggle with recieving revelation for myself and for my investigators... Hermano Alexander, my teacher, noticed I was having a hard time during class. He took me outside and talked.. wow the MTC teachers are so amazing, the help me so much! I went back inside and remembered a scripture I had read earlier in the day.. Doctrina y Convenios 18: 15-17. Padre Celestial ama nos. (don't judge my spanish ahha.) Heavenly Father loves us. He will rejoice if we bring even one soul unto Christ! That comforted me so much because I don't want to fail my Padre Celestial... I don't want to waste 18 months!!!!! I know the Lord is preparing people out in the world for each missionary to teach, whether it is to plant a seed of knowledge of the gospel, or to help someone become baptized and progress! and Friday.. P-day! Today is amazing, I saw so many faces today from home!!!!! I'll be sending picutres each week :)
Friend from HOME Elder Palmore (Colorado)


Embarrassing moment of the week: Our "investigator" Jose has a drinking problem. We committed him to(sorry this isnt proper spanish because i dont know how to put the accents above letters!) "Orara de Dios por ayuda a pero tomar?" which that actually means "Will you pray to God for help to drink?" HAHAHA I meant to say Para(to stop) but instead I said Pero(but). He understood the question and responded "no tomar? Si." ALSO this coming wednesday My districe gets to be hosts for the new missionaries!!! I get to welcome a few new sisters :)

It is important to know the docrite first before you try to learn it in spanish... But this week I have accomplished to memorize the missionary purpose, and also the first vision. BOTH in spanish! :) only a few days left before I enter the field and really start teaching and helping people!
Some things I learned this week:

**"I have engraven thee on the palms of my hands." -The Savior

**Repentance is a journey, not a one time thing.

**We can repent or pull the shades down on our open window to heaven.

**Do as the Savior said "Come follow me." he has made a simple path for us to follow.

**"You will have time to rest... in 18 months/2 years! Trust me, your mother will let you rest!"

**We as missionaries hold the authority to preach. Dont be shy! "you have been called by a prophet of God. You can do this!"
**"Your LIGHT will react according to how you CHARGE it."

For those sisters and brothers about to enter the MTC, or waiting to.. Honestly read and study Preach My Gospel, read the book of mormon, and know that you ahve a firm testimony! Work out any unresolved problems. If YOU want to serve the Lord HE will make a way. I know that is so true :) The MTC is an amazing place to grow and learn... If ANYONE has questions or anything send me a letter and that way I have more time to respond :) 


I wish i could write more but I have little time! SORRY! Love you all so much! Hasta Luego!  ~  Hermana Kelsey Jaeger

No comments:

Post a Comment